Tuesday 21 August 2018

Ten Significant Books - Day 10

This is the book I probably read the most in my teens. Long, long before the days of wiki books were used for referencing and I used this one many times to learn. At that time in my life I wanted to be a music journalist and this book was one I gained extensive knowledge from.

I chose it as part of my school prize that year. It had to be specially ordered by Mullans bookshop in Belfast (sadly no still longer around) and some of my teachers were a bit perplexed at my choice (I think they were probably secretly jealous).

I haven't had a look at the book for a very long time. But when I took it out of the bookshelf tonight,  like so many of my books I found a newspaper cutting hidden in the leaves. It's tucked into the page where my family members have an entry in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment