Saturday 18 August 2018

Significant Books - Day 7

Between the pages of a book many an adventure can be had, new discoveries made, secrets hidden and memories awakened.  In looking through this book again I came across a clematis flower from my childhood garden which I had pressed in between the pages. The book was chosen for this purpose as it is large and could withstand the weight of other books on top of it.

The book was one I chose as a birthday present as a child, my Dad taking me to the bookshop when we were on holiday in England. We had this book in school and I loved it! - I loved the beautiful illustrations which bring the poems to life. The book is a special one because it has become something I treasure and I still love reading it with my nieces who are now discovering the magic of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment