Saturday 2 May 2020

Pitching

Yesterday I spent my day off doing lots of things I enjoy - spending some time in the garden and baking - in these strange days simple pleasures are now really special.

I also spent quite a bit of time taking part in Write Mentor's pitch event on Twitter and really enjoyed the experience. I developed three pitches for my work and released them during the day, sat back and watched to see what might happen. While I was 'sitting back and watching' I was looking at the other pitches and retweeting those I liked - some were from writing friends I know, some from writing acquaintances I've made on social media and some by writers who were new to me. My pitches received a few retweets as I waited to see if an agent would like them. 

This would be the signal to go the the next stage and submit something to them. I was delighted that my pitches received a ❤ from local writers Pauline https://www.fantasticfiction.com/b/pauline-burgess/ and Sheena https://littleisland.ie/authors/sheena-wilkinson/ and even more delighted to get a 
❤ from a couple of agents!
I've followed up on these - unfortunately one has rejected the work already (two and a half hours is a new record for a rejection for me!) And I'll wait and see what happens with the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment