Saturday, 3 October 2026

Just Wonderful!

Thursday was celebrated as National Poetry Day, with the theme of 'wonder' this year.

It coincided with me attending a local apple fair market night where I was on holiday in Fife, an experience which will stay with me and which I'm sure will inspire at least one new poem.


With a 'Wonderland' theme, it felt as if I'd fallen down a rabbit hole when I stepped into this secret garden, just off a street I know very well. 


Every nook and cranny was filled with gorgeous, quirky details as we followed the winding path up the hill, discovering enchantment round ever turn.

I was mesmerised by the magical atmosphere in the orchard, half expecting the Queen of Hearts to appear.


I was in awe of the planning, hard work, talent and imagination that must have gone in to transforming this garden into a place of magic and wonder. 



With stalls selling gorgeous gifts and food and offering advice on growing apples, I can confirm the spiced apple juice was just perfect.  


Well done to the organisers. Let's hope it becomes an annual event.


No comments:

Post a Comment