Sunday, 4 October 2026

Going Paperless

What sort of a writer goes to their writing group without writing materials? One who forgot to pack their bag properly! Thankfully one of my writing pals gave me a few pages to write on when I realised I'd forgotten my notebook when we were back down in Coney yesterday so it didn't spoil the session.

It was a glorious autumn day as we caught up on news, made plans and shared some writing we've been working on over coffee and apple and cinnamon muffins.


Later we enjoyed a delicious chocolate and zucchini loaf cake made by a vacationing writing friend who joined the group.


And we did some writing exercises. While I could have used my laptop for the exercises, I realised I needed to feel a pen in my hand and I needed paper. I'll never know if without those sheets of paper would I have written the same poem? Somehow I think it might have been different.

No comments:

Post a Comment