Thursday 11 November 2021

Communications

I had a very pleasant surprise today when a colleague sent me a photograph of some of my work. 

A poem I'd written earlier in the year as part of our local council's Centenary Scripts project is now on display on a local woodland trail. I'm looking forward to getting out to see it for myself soon.

This news came at a good time, after several rejections and being pipped at the post to be runner up in a couple of writing competitions. And while it was very thoughtful of my colleague to take the photograph and let me know about my work, I did wonder why the organisers hadn't thought of telling me about this themselves.

Communications in writing competitions was a hot  discussion topic at Coney Island last weekend when a few of my writing friends met up. 


On a windy wintry morning, we shared our experiences of competitions/ book events that have run like clockwork and have been a joy to be involved in, and those that 'could do better'. I think there's definitely a blog post or article on that topic itself!

And fuelled by coffee and apple and cinnamon muffins we also managed to put pen to paper and write!






No comments:

Post a Comment