Sunday 24 October 2021

Book Week

It's been Book Week in Northern Ireland this week- a joint initiative between BBC NI and Libraries NI celebrating the pleasures and benefits of reading.


As an avid reader I appreciate the many benefits from reading - aside from enjoying the actual book, relaxing and escaping to new worlds, there are definite benefits to our mental health and wellbeing.

This week I've been making my way through a variety of gorgeous books, dipping into short story and poetry anthologies as well as some research and novels.


While I wasn't able to pop in to my local library during the week, I have also been reading a couple of books borrowed via the Libby App - Lisa Jewell's 'One Hit Wonder' and appropriately for Book Week, Matt Haig's 'The Midnight Library'. 

I managed to catch up on a couple of events virtually including the wonderful Poetry Pharmacist in Belfast Central Library and also attended a virtual bookclub hosted by Translink in No Alibis bookshop in Belfast with local authors Shirley McMillan and Brian McGilloway.

All in all a great week of books and reading but in my world Book Week should really be every week!


No comments:

Post a Comment