Sunday 8 November 2020

Not NaNoWriMo

In past Novembers I've taken part in NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month. But this year I knew I would have neither time nor energy to participate in this. So when I read a writing friend's blog suggesting an alternative approach, setting an achievable writing goal, I agreed to take part in this version of November.

My goal was to spend at least 4 hours a week writing and to work on a couple of short stories.

So at the end of week one I'm pleased that I've managed to stick to this goal. I have spent more than the 4 planned hours reworking a short story.

I've also taken part in the Zoom book launch for 'Underneath the Tree' which contains one of my short stories. 


If you missed Wednesday night's launch you can watch it here  https://youtu.be/t9DHSItHMnw

I also met up with my Coney Island writing buddies via Zoom when we chatted, shared our news, did some very stretching writing exercises and enjoyed coffee.


(And I enjoyed some home made white choc and banana muffins).

In between I managed to send in a submission to an agent after a recommendation from a writing friend (and received a subsequent rejection)  write a couple of blog posts and enjoyed reading a beautiful short story collection by Victoria Hislop.

Let's hope the rest of my 'not NaNoWriMo' goes as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment