Monday 23 November 2020

Christmas Anthologies

In previous years, in the run up to Christmas I've treated myself to a Christmas anthology of short stories. They're great to dip into when you've a busy schedule and maybe can't get enough time to indulge in a novel. I often find I read the anthology over the Christmas holidays. What's also different from a novel is that you are more likely to return to the short stories a few years later.


'Silent Nights' and 'Murder Under the Christmas Tree' are gorgeous collections of crime stories with gripping stories from some of the best mystery writers. They make fantastic gifts and are perfect for curling up with when you've consumed too much plum pudding. 

This year I've added to my Christmas anthology collection with 'Underneath the Tree', twelve Christmas stories from writers in Northern  Ireland. And this anthology is definitely one I hope to return to for many years. The proceeds from this book will raise funds for a couple of local charities  - the Simon Community helping combat homelessness and World of Owls, supporting local wildlife. 



But what makes this anthology really special is that I've a story included in it - 'Secret Santa'. I'm looking forward to dipping into it over the next few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment