Sunday 21 January 2018

A busy writerly day

Yesterday was a busy writerly day.

Over coffee and scones I met up with my critique group in the morning, providing feedback to each other and sharing news. It's so valuable to be part of such a group.

Around lunchtime I received more positive, encouraging feedback from my editor on a work in progress. :-)

Late afternoon I attended an event, 'The Power of Words' at Amy and Paul's Blackberry Path Art Studio in Bangor to commemorate Holocaust Memorial Day.
 
The event was very moving. It was a humbling experience to take part in it - no words seem adequate to express the horror of holocaust. I read a couple of my poems - 'August' and 'Dancing with Death' at the event.
 
 
It was lovely to meet other writers, artists and poets and be inspired by their work. Many thanks to Amy and Paul for organising this event.
 
 
The busy day was rounded off by a lovely meal with friends who'd come along to the event in Bangor. As a result I didn't write anything at all yesterday, so now it's time to get on with some writing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment