Sunday 15 October 2023

Bookshop Day

 Yesterday on #Bookshop Day I made a trip to my local bookshop.


I could spend hours browsing the shelves in The Secret Bookshelf, but due to a busy day I had to limit myself. As well as catching up for a chat, advice was sought on a book choice from the very knowledgeable bookstore owners Jo and Chris. I left with two lovely books - one a gift and one a treat to myself on the run up to Christmas.

And because it was Bookshop Day, I also left with a lovely goodie bag. I love the cheery design on the tote bag by Irish writer and illustrator Ashwin Chacko for #IrishBookWeek.

And the contents of my goodie bag are amazing!  - pencil, stickers, bookmark, three books, literary seeds, Christmas catalogue. I was also one of the very lucky people to receive a Secret Bookshelf groat.

Could it have been a better morning? With a wool shop next door, the answer is definitely No!!

No comments:

Post a Comment