Sunday 29 September 2024

Writing inspirations and aspirations

I'm just back from a lovely break in Scotland. With visiting new places and catching up with family and friends, there wasn't much free time to write, but a holiday is supposed to be a break from the norm isn't it?

Before I left I'd been busy making some autumn plans for our writing community. This involved a quick visit (at last!) to the Seamus Heaney centre at Queen's University in Belfast. In the short time I was there, I was impressed and I'm looking forward to getting back again soon. The inspirational quotes could only encourage writers to keep going when facing writer's block.



While on my travels in Scotland, I came across a beautiful shop front that made me stop in my tracks and stare. Unfortunately the shop wasn't open the day I was there. Had it been, I would have been so excited to go in and explore. It looked like a place where magic words and stories are created and the sort of place I could only dream of writing in.

So in the absence of such an author's den and now that summer is over, I'll just have to put on my coat and go to where I like to write - in my garden.







No comments:

Post a Comment