Sunday 6 September 2020

National Read A Book Day

There seems to be a day to celebrate all sorts of events and occasions nowadays, some of which are quite obscure.  I discovered earlier today that it is National Read A Book Day which probably should really be celebrated every single day. Thankfully as it fell at the weekend there was a bit more time to read, so I marked the occasion by indulging in some quality 'me' time today, sitting down with a coffee and a chocanana muffin (left over from yesterday's virtual  writing group meeting - and still yummy)


 and enjoying  more of the book I'm currently reading 'Vanilla Beans and Brodo' by Isabella Dusi.  I haven't been able to travel to Italy this summer, so this book has been the perfect way of transporting me to the heart of Tuscany without the hassle of queues, masks and quarantine. So for a couple of hours I was there today - enjoying the sights and sounds of Lent preparations, picking jonquils and Tuscan football matches - bliss! Can't wait to read more...



No comments:

Post a Comment