Friday 16 November 2018

NaNoWriMo - my way

So, it's that time of the year again - less than six weeks to Christmas and half way through NaNoWriMo - or National Novel Writing Month in full. You can find out more about this here https://nanowrimo.org/

I've taken part in this a few times before, with varying results. Twice I've run out of steam half way through the month and once I completed a first draft of a novel. This year I decided to do it my way. It is a big commitment to write more than 1000 words a day for a month, and I've a few WIPs (works in progress) so I decided that instead of starting with a blank page on 1st November and ending up with a first draft on 30th November, I'd take a draft and work intensively on it this month.



I started on 1st November with my rough first draft of a children's middle grade novel and have been working my way through it diligently for a time every day. I'm now half way through November and half way through the third draft. There's still so much to do in editing the work I suspect I will still be editing and redrafting this after 1st December.

No comments:

Post a Comment