Saturday 20 October 2018

SCBWI meet up

This morning I caught up in Belfast with fellow writing friends for the Belfast SCBWI meet up over a coffee in the Crescent Arts centre café. It was good to see everyone and to catch up on each others news - writing and otherwise.


The venue for these meet-ups is so important for them to be a success. It seems the criteria is as follows- it has to be welcoming, serve good coffee (and cake), support creative learning, be near good public transport links and most importantly, it must be near a book shop.
 
There is of course a danger in this - that I end up in the bookshop, and purchase a book. Today I was delighted to get my (signed! :-)) copy of Orla McAlinden's new book, 'The Flight of the Wren'. And even more delighted to be travelling home on the train, so I could start reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment