Monday 12 March 2018

Showtime!

We rolled up to the Crescent Arts Centre in Belfast  last night... and what a book launch?


Yes - that is a clown nose!

It was utterly fabulous and raises the bar for how to launch a book. All other book launches are going to seem flat affairs after this circus-themed event. Kelly McCaughrain read from her debut novel 'Flying Tips for Flightless Birds' and left us wanting more.



After Kelly had read, she joined her pals in the Belfast Ukulele Jam to entertain us. It was such a happy, joyful evening and I was delighted to be there to experience the event -  The Belfast Ukulele Jam
 

Kelly thoughtfully supplied red clown noses to the first fifty people at the book launch. I've discovered the clown nose doubles up as a bookmark.
 
 
I started reading the novel last night and am loving it so far.  I'm quite delighted to think I might be related to Finch & Birdie - although unfortunately I don't have their athletic genes!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment