Sunday 3 September 2023

New school term

The start of September and the beginning of a new school year has been accompanied,  not for the first time, by the return of glorious sunshine.  We were back at Coney yesterday to start a new term of writing. After our summer retreat last month, we came back energised and enthused. While we may not have acquired new jotters and pens for the start of the new term, that didn't stop us.

I know I've got back to writing since the retreat and now we're into a new school term I'm excited about some writing projects I'll be working on over this term.


Over coffee, accompanied by delicious home made chocolate brownies and shortbread we caught up on news since our writing retreat and then did a couple of writing exercises to stretch those creative muscles. It would have been a perfect morning for yoga on the beach, but we chose to flex our creative muscles instead.

Fuelled by autumnal blackberry and ginger muffins we worked hard. I'm not sure if it was the ginger in the muffins, the warm September sunshine or the energy that is created when we gather, but I came away from Coney excited to be back writing.





No comments:

Post a Comment