Sunday 18 June 2023

Independent Bookshop Week

It's time to support your local independent bookstore. 


Yesterday Independent Bookshop Week kicked off and I paid a visit to my local bookshop. They are such Aladdin's caves with treasures waiting to be discovered in every nook and cranny. As well as having a lovely chat with The Secret Bookshelf 's owners Jo and Chris, I came away  with a goody bag and a few more books than planned (nothing new there!)



I also treated myself to a 'blind date with a book'  - you can select a wrapped up book based on the hand written description 


not knowing the author or title. I did have a go at guessing some but was stumped with this one so I picked it.


When I returned home I couldn’t wait to open it - it was like receiving an unexpected present. It's been added to the TBR pile, while I'm currently reading this fabulous YA book written by one of my writing friends. 


I missed Jenny's book launch at our local bookshop a couple of months ago so was really glad to catch up with her yesterday to get my copy signed.


There are loads of events on throughout this week at local independent bookshops - check them out - you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment