Sunday 28 November 2021

Anthologies for Christmas

I've written before about how much I love Christmas anthologies. Over a busy period they're perfect to dip into - either to read one or two stories or poems, or to read from cover to cover over the holiday period.



And I'm always on the lookout for more to add to my collection. It was lovely this week to drop into my local independent book shop, 'The Secret Bookshelf' as they and neighbouring  shops began to get into the festive spirit.  On a cold, windy November evening we were cheered by the brass band playing Christmas carols in the courtyard while we browsed in the local shops and I spied another book destined to join my Christmas anthology collection.


I'm trying to keep it until December but I have to confess I haven't been able to resist dipping into it already. And it's just as gorgeous inside as the cover is.

If you're stuck for Christmas gift ideas, I'd suggest an anthology can be a perfect present. And unashamedly there are three which feature some of my work which I'd suggest:


'Travel Write', a Bradt guide, is a beautiful collection of travel writing short stories taking you on journeys around the globe.

'Places of Poetry' is a gorgeous treasury of poems taking you around all parts of the United Kingdom.

'Underneath the Tree' is a delightful selection of Christmas stories by writers from Northern Ireland.

While they're all available on various online platforms, why not drop into your local book shop, and you'll also find other wonderful gifting ideas.




No comments:

Post a Comment