Saturday 4 July 2020

Peaks and troughs

We've all been looking at graphs more in the recent months - looking at how the curves could be flattened and wondering when the peak would become a trough.

I've had a week of mixed fortune regarding my writing - mapped out it would make an interesting graph - whether that be a pie chart, histogram, box plot or scatter graph! Maybe something a bit like this:



Sunday: I received news that a regional UK radio station was interested in featuring poems included in Inspiration in Isolation's website. https://www.inspirationinisolation.co.uk/
I'd had a few poems published on this site and was hopeful one of mine might be selected to be broadcast. 😀

Monday: I received the news that a poem of mine had been unsuccessful in a poetry competition. 😕

Tuesday: I received a rejection from a publisher on one of my manuscripts 😕

Wednesday: I heard one of my poems featured on Inspiration in Isolation had been selected to be broadcast by Tring radio later in the week 😀

I also received another rejection from another publisher on one of my manuscripts, but it included some positive feedback. 😉

Thursday: I heard another publisher had liked a sample of writing I'd submitted and was requesting the full manuscript 😄

Friday: I received the news that another poem of mine had been unsuccessful in another poetry competition. 😕

Later I received very helpful feedback on a piece of writing from an online critique group I'm part of. 😃

I also received a rejection from an agent on one of my manuscripts. 😞

Then, I listened while my acrostic poem 'Coronavirus' was broadcast as the 'Poem of the Day' on Tring radio https://tringradio.co.uk/ read by Natalie Spence. 😊 You can listen to it here:



Saturday: I finished off the writing week by joining my Coney Island writing buddies for a Zoom catch up, sharing our news and listening to work some had written. 😃

Mixed fortunes, but on the whole, a writing week I'm pleased with, and one that ended on a high.

No comments:

Post a Comment